Written Reply to Parliamentary Question on Food Farm lease tenure by Ms Grace Fu, Minister for Sustainability and the Environment
Written Reply by Ms Grace Fu, Minister for Sustainability and the Environment, to Parliamentary Question on Food Farm lease tenure
1464. Ms He Ting Ru: To ask the Minister for Sustainability and the Environment (a) how many food farms are currently licensed in Singapore; and (b) how many coastal fish farms are licensed in Singapore, and of these, how many have leases of (i) less than five years and (ii) between five to 10 years remaining.
There are 260 licensed food farms in Singapore. 58% are land-based food farms, while the remaining 42% are sea-based farms.
There are 65 land-based food farms with their tenures expiring in less than five years and five between five to 10 years.
Sea-based farms are currently not on leases. The Government is reviewing our policies for sea-based farms, with a view to provide the industry with greater certainty on their use of sea space.