What can you do as an organisation?
Environmentally-friendly actions can start small. Consistently reducing the amount of energy, water, and paper our businesses use can make a huge difference. Going green on your company’s printing, air-conditioning, lighting, water usage and transport systems can have a huge accumulated impact. Learn about some eco tips below (external links):
- Singapore Packaging Agreement (SPA) and Packaging Partnership Programme (PPP): Programmes to reduce packaging waste
- Energy Efficiency National Partnership (EENP): A voluntary partnership programme that helps corporations enhance their long-term business competitiveness and reduce their carbon footprint by becoming more energy-efficient.
- Labelling Scheme: Singapore's leading environmental standard and certification mark that endorses consumer products with milder negative impact on the environment.
- 3R Programme for Hotels: A voluntary programme where participating hotels work with the Singapore Hotel Association and NEA to reduce waste.
- Project Eco Office: A local certification scheme developed to promote environmentally-friendly offices, Project Eco-Office encourages management and staff working in offices to practise environmentally-friendly habits.
- Happy Toilet Programme: The Happy Toilet Programme encourages organisations to have their toilet facilities audited for Happy Toilet standards.
- Clean Singapore Learning Trail: Give back to the community by cleaning up the beach, and protecting its ecosystem.
- Visits to Semakau Landfill and Incineration Plants: Learn first-hand about Singapore’s efficient waste disposal system.
- Dengue Prevention Volunteer: Help educate and spread the awareness on dengue prevention to fellow residents through activities and house-to-house visits.
Utilise Our Resources
- Educational Materials:
Brochures, posters, and other materials are available for download at the NEA website
- Food Waste Minimisation Guidebooks:
Guidebooks developed by NEA and SFA for food retail, supermarkets and food manufacturers to reduce waste across the supply chain.
- 3R Guidebooks:
Step-by-step guides to implement 3R programmes in hotels, offices, shopping malls; as well as during Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Exhibition (MICE) events.
- Guide to Implementing Environmentally-Friendly Best Practices for Events